Covid-19 - What is covered by your policy?
What is covered :
- Cancellation due infection by Covid-19 before travel,
- Cancellation due to quarantine (justified by a positive test) before travel,
- Cancellation for denied access to transportation due to temperature control by authorities or the transport company,
- Medical and hospitalization costs if you are infected with Covid-19 at destination and medical repatriation if recommended by the medical assistance.
- Extension of stay on-site if you are ill due to Covid-19 at destination.
- Early return if a family member in your home country is hospitalized or deceased due to Covid-19.
- Trip interruption expenses due to infection of Covid-19 within the terms of the policy.
What is not covered :
- Cancellation due to travel restrictions as a direct result from a sanitary event (including a pandemic, even Covid-19), known to the World Health Organization at the time of booking the trip. These may include: lockdown, closed borders/airports and destination, imposed quarantine at destination .
- Cancellation due to illness without a medical certificate from the treating medical practitioner,
- The cost of the mandatory PCR test in order to get to your holiday destination
- Quarantine at destination.
- Trip interruption if my destination or holiday location (hotel, resorts…) are on lockdown or a declared state of emergency.
- Medical repatriation because I am blocked at my destination because of a generalized lockdown (closure of borders, airports, lack of transportation…)
- The cancellation reasons listed above are only covered by your Cap Assistance policy if you have subscribed to the cancellation option.
- The insurance certificate sent to you automatically once you have subscribed mentions the coverage of Covid-19 (in the limits of your contract)
This answer only relates to: Cap Assistance 24/7.