What does the policy cover?
The policy will cover you if you have to cancel (or change) your trip for a reason stated in the policy or for a sudden, unforeseeable, justified reason beyond your control.
Bear in mind that the policy does not cover situations that you were aware of when you took out your policy.
Here are some examples:
WHAT IS COVERED:
- my boss changes my holiday dates at the last minute despite having approved them
- I break a leg one week before I am due to leave
- I am suddenly audited by the tax authorities
- my dog is involved in a road accident the day before my trip
- I have earache and cannot fly
- my passport is stolen 2 days before I am due to leave
- I miss my plane because my train got stuck in the middle of nowhere
- one of my uncles dies suddenly
- my replacement at work is ill
WHAT ISN’T COVERED:
- I no longer wish to travel and prefer to stay in Paris in the rain
- my girlfriend has left me and I am too sad to travel alone
- I didn’t hear my alarm clock
- I forgot to renew my passport on time
- I forgot to have my vaccinations
- I purchased my trip without having asked my boss if I could take time off, and my boss has refused to allow me to do so
- the airline with which I am due to fly is on strike (in this case, the airline is duty bound to reimburse you for your flight)
- the tour operator cancels the trip (the tour operator is duty bound to reimburse you)
If you have any questions about a different contract : Contact us .
Back to the FAQ's table of content