What are the main exclusions in medical expenses for the Cap Adventure ?
Travel insurance is not a group health insurance plan, it does come with some exclusions. Although, you can rest assured that our competitors have the same exclusions as well.
This insurance does not pay for any expenses incurred directly or indirectly as a result of a pre-existing medical condition or related condition, a non-consolidated illness before you depart on your trip.
What is not covered:
- Comforts and Preventives care such as: Physical check up, Pap Smear & HPV testing, Vaccination, Birth Control, Pregnancy, HIV test, Vaginal Infections test.
- Dental Cleaning, Eyeglasses and Contact lenses -except in case of an accident
- Skin Care (Examples: Acne, Psoriasis, Warts)
- Orthodontics, Gingivitis
- Lower back pain issues (ex: Sciatica, Arthritis, abnormal curvature of the spine, Osteoporosis, rupture or bulging disc)
- Alternative medicine techniques (ex: Osteopathy, homeopathy)
- Regular doctor’s visit without an illness
- Non emergency treatment (that can wait until you return to your home country)
- All types of implants
It happened during your trip, you are not paying attention to the trafics violations codes.
Please note that all bikes related accidents are not covered if it is the result of a motorised two or threewheeled land vehicle with a cylinder capacity of more than 125 cm cube and if you do not have the legal license to operate such a vehicle.
In Europe or abroad, remember to always wear an helmet (even in a deserted island in Asia where the scooter rental companies are a little lenient regarding putting on an helmet).
There are some other types of exclusion:
- Your participation as a professional athlete in a sporting event including training or practice
- The use of illicit drugs
For more details, we would advise you to check out our terms and conditions.
This answer only relates to: Cap Adventure.