Go directly to content

Chapka travel Insurance

What does the Cap Adventure medical expenses benefit cover?

Frais médicaux.png

This is the most important coverage of your Cap Adventure insurance. It covers accidents and sudden and unforeseen illnesses. As a reminder, a travel insurance protection only covers medical emergency treatment.

The cap on medical expenses is up to €200,000 for all destinations, except USA/Canada where the cap is €1,000,000

We pay from the 1st Euro. There is no deductible except when you travel to the USA/ CANADA, a deductible of €35 is applied.

What is covered:

Keep in mind that travel insurance policies cover the following medical expenses which occur during your trip such as:

  • All expenses related to sudden and unforeseeable illnesses. Examples: flu, ear infection, bronchitis, urinary tract infection…
  • Expenses related to accidents. Examples: broken bones ,bodily injuries, cuts, burns...

Emergency dental treatment such as cavities or toothache are covered by the dental expenses benefit. The costs of this emergency dental treatment is limited to 600 euros per year.

What is not covered:

  • Pre-existing medical conditions of which the diagnosis has been determined before your departure and not consolidated
  • Preventive care and comfort care. Examples: Physical check-up, vaccination, tooth polishing, HIV test, VI test (vaginal infection test)
  • Expenses related to contraception or abortion
  • Pregnancy
  • Glasses or contact lenses (except in case of an accident)
  • Skin care ex : Acne, Psoriasis, Wart, Cosmetic Surgery
  • Orthodontics and Gingivitis
  • Back pain  (Lower back pain, sciatic nerve  pain, hernia, discs, parietal, intervertebral)
  • Ostheopathie and all the alternatives medecine
  • Medical doctor’s visit without a pathology
  • Non emergency treatment (that could wait until you return to your home country)
  • Cost of all types of prothesis
  • Allergies
  • STD (Sexual Transmission Disease)

Reminder: Wear a helmet.

It can happen that during your trip you do not pay attention the local traffic violation codes.

Please note that all bikes related accidents are not covered if it is the result of a motorised two or threewheeled land vehicle with a cylinder capacity of more than 125 cm cube and if you do not have the legal license to operate such a vehicle.

In Europe or abroad, remember to always wear an helmet (even in a deserted island in Asia where the scooter rental companies are a little lenient regarding putting on an helmet).

There are some other types of exclusion:

  • Your participation as a professional athlete in a sporting event including training or practice
  • The use of illicit drugs

For more details, we would advise you to check out our terms and conditions.


This answer only relates to: Cap Adventure.