This is the most important cover of your Cap Annual Assistance insurance policy as it covers medical expenses related to sudden and unforeseeable accidents and illnesses as well as relapses of pre-existing illnesses.
Thus, the insurance covers the costs of visits, consultations, pharmacy, nursing care, medical and surgical hospitalisation and, in general, any medical or surgical act related to your pathology.
The maximum limit for medical expenses is €1,000,000.
Please note that the insurer does not cover non-consolidated illnesses, i.e. if the trip and the insurance are taken out less than 6 months after leaving hospital.
Before any expenditure, you must contact the assistance centre, which is reachable 24/7 to obtain their prior agreement.
What is not covered:
- Pre-existing diseases that occurred in the 6 months prior to the date of the trip
- Preventive or comfort care - examples: check-ups, vaccinations, dental cleaning, acne, psoriasis, warts, screening, etc.
- Non-emergency expenses and treatment that can wait until you return to your country of residence
- Glasses and contact lenses
- Orthodontics, dentures
- Aesthetic treatments and surgical procedures
- Rehabilitation, physiotherapy, chiropractic care, etc.
- Expenses incurred without the agreement of the assistance centre
This answer only relates to: Cap Annual Assistance.