Covid-19 - What is covered by your policy?
What is covered:
- Cancellation due infection by Covid-19 before travel,
- Cancellation due to quarantine (justified by a positive test) before travel,
- Cancellation for denied access to transportation due to temperature control (or any other sanitary control) by authorities or the transport company,
- Medical costs (including PCR tests) if you are infected by Covid-19 at destination and medical repatriation if recommended by the assistance,
- Impossible return due to a lack of transport at destination because of a lockdown declared by local authorities,
- Extension of stay on-site in case of quarantine at destination.
- Cancellation if you are a contact case declared by the National Insurance and if your travel date falls within your isolation period. On presentation of the required documents (PCR test results + Health Insurance document).
What is not covered:
- Cancellation due to travel restrictions as a direct result of the World Health Organization declaring a pandemic, including Covid-19, or known event at the time of the holiday purchase (lockdown, closed borders/airports at the departure and destination, imposed quarantine at destination etc).,
- Cancellation due to illness without a medical certificate from the treating medical practitioner,
- The refund of all or part of the trip which was totally or partially refunded by the travel organizer or by the transport company however the type of refund (transfer, cash, advance, voucher…).
- The cost of the mandatory PCR test in order to get to your holiday destination
- Cancellation if you are a contact case without the official documents.
This answer only relates to: Cap Group.