Covid-19 - What is covered by your policy?
What is covered:
- Cancellation due infection by Covid-19 before travel,
- Cancellation due to quarantine (justified by a positive test) before travel,
- Cancellation for denied access to transportation due to temperature control by authorities or the transport company,
- Medical costs (including PCR tests) if you are infected by Covid-19 at destination and medical repatriation if recommended by the assistance,
- Impossible return due to a lack of transport at destination because of a lockdown declared by local authorities,
- Extension of stay on-site in case of quarantine at destination.
- Cancellation if you are a contact case declared by the National Insurance and if your travel date falls within your isolation period. On presentation of the required documents (PCR test results + Health Insurance document).
What is not covered:
- Cancellation due to travel restrictions as a direct result from a sanitary event (including a pandemic, even Covid-19), known to the World Health Organization at the time of booking the trip. These may include: lockdown, closed borders/airports and destination, imposed quarantine at destination .
- Cancellation due to illness without a medical certificate from the treating medical practitioner,
- The refund of all or part of the trip when it has been paid totally or partially by means of a "credit note", " advance" or "voucher".
- The cost of the mandatory PCR test in order to get to your holiday destination
- Cancellation if you are a contact case without the official documents.
This answer only relates to: Cap Group.