What is covered or not covered by the policy?
The policy will cover you if you have to cancel (or change) your holiday’s rental, for a reason stated in the policy or for a sudden, unforeseeable, justified reason beyond your control.
Bear in mind that the policy does not cover situations that you were aware of when you took out your policy.
Here are some examples:
What is covered:
- My boss changes my holidays dates at the last minute, despite having approved them on first hand
- I broke my leg one week before my departure
- I am suddenly audited by the tax authorities
- My dog is involved in a road accident the day before my departure
- My replacement at work is ill
What is not covered:
- I no longer wish to travel and prefer to stay at home where it’s cozy
- My girlfriend left me and I am too sad to travel alone
- I didn’t hear my alarm clock
- I rented my holidays dream house without asking my boss if I could take time off, and my boss refuses to allow me to do so
- My rental’s owner cancels my booking (he has to refund you directly)
This answer only relates to: Cap Vacation Rental.