What are the exclusions in medical expenses?
This insurance does not cover:
- pre-existing medical conditions for which the diagnosis had been determined before your departure and had not been consolidated.
- Preventive or comfort care. Examples: check-up, vaccination, tooth polishing, HIV test, VI test (vaginal infection test)
- Birth control or abortion related fees
- Glasses or contact lenses (except in case of bodily injuries)
- Orthodontics and Gengivitis
- Back pain (Lower back pain, sciatic nerve pain, hernia, discs, parietal, intervertebral)
- Alternative medical techniques (e.g. : ostheopathy, acupuncture,…)
- Skin care (e.g. : Acne, Psoriasis, Wart, Cosmetic Surgery)
- Medical consultation without a pathology
- Non-emergency treatment (that could wait until you return to your home country)
- Costs of all types of prothesis
- STDs (Sexualy Transmited Diseases)
There are other exclusions related to the medical expenses and general exclusions such as your participation as a professional athlete in a sporting event, or the use of illegal drugs.
For more details, you take a look at our Terms and Conditions.
If you have any questions about a different contract : Contact us .
Back to the FAQ's table of content