If a loved one is hospitalized (for more than 72 hours) or deceased, you will receive a ticket to go to their bedside or to the funeral (only in your country of origin) and the return ticket to continue your stay in your country of expatriation.
Are considered as close:
- Direct ascendants or descendants
- Brother or sister
- Stepfather or step-mother
Please note that grandparents are not always included in this benefit with our competitors. In addition, our competitors generally offer an early return benefit only in the event of the death of a loved one and not in the event of a hospitalization.
Here are some important informations :
- In such situation, you must contact the assistance service, which will organize and pay for your return. Under no circumstances should you organize your own return or you will be refused the ticket reimbursement. Please check the details of the early return process.
- In any case, are considered as close you must be able to prove that you are living together (spouse) or the authenticity of your family relationship (other situations) by means of original documents such as wedding certificate, family civil status book.
- This benefit is applicable once a year and per insured person
This answer only relates to: Cap Working Holiday, Cap Student, Cap Volunteering, Cap Tempo Expat.