What does the Cap Assistance medical expenses benefit cover?
This is the most important benefit of your Cap Assistance insurance policy. It covers accidents, sudden and unforeseen illnesses as well a relapses of pre-existing conditions. The insurance cover medical consultations, medications, nursing care, medical and surgical hospitalisation, and in general, any other medical or surgical procedure linked to the pathology.
Beware: the insurance does not cover non consolidated illnesses, that is you book your trip and take up travel insurance less than a month after leaving hospital.
What is not covered:
- pre-existing conditions who started within 6 month of the trip departure date
- preventive medicine and comfort care
- Examples: medical check-up, vaccination, tooth polishing, acne, psoriasis, warts… - Glasses or contact lenses - Orthodontics, prosthetics - Plastic surgery and treatments
- AIDS test
- Non-urgent medical cares that can wait until your home country return
- Physiotherapist, Chiropractor and Rehabilitation cares
- Medical cares linked to the use of an engine superior to 125cm3
- Costs paid without the agreement of the assistance platform
If you have any questions about a different contract : Contact us .
Back to the FAQ's table of content