This is the most important cover in your Cap Group insurance policy. It covers sudden and unforeseeable accidents and illnesses and relapses of pre-existing diseases up to:
· €75,000 maximum per insured in Europe and Mediterranean countries
· €150,000 maximum per insured in the rest of the world.
Excess: €30 per file.
The insurance covers the costs of visits, consultations, pharmacies, nursing care, medical and surgical hospitalisation and, in general, any medical or surgical procedure related to your pathology.
Please note that the insurer does not cover non-consolidated illnesses, i.e. if the trip and the insurance are taken out less than 6 months after leaving hospital.
Before any expenditure, you must contact the assistance centre, which can be contacted 24/7 to obtain their prior agreement.
What is not covered:
- Pre-existing diseases that occurred in the 6 months prior to the date of the trip
- Preventive or comfort care - examples: check-ups, vaccinations, dental cleaning, acne, psoriasis, warts, screening, etc.
- Non-emergency expenses and treatment that can wait until you return to your country of residence
- Glasses and contact lenses
- Orthodontics, dentures
- Aesthetic treatments and surgical procedures
- Rehabilitation, physiotherapy, chiropractic care, etc.
- Expenses incurred without the agreement of the assistance centre
This answer only relates to: Cap Group.