Go directly to content

Chapka travel Insurance


Are you going overseas for a few months on an adventure, a holiday, to study, work, for an internship or on a working holiday visa? It is necessary to take out health insurance (repatriation assistance and medical expenses) for the length of your trip.

By leaving France to travel for more than 90 days, you are no longer covered by the French social security or your private heath fund. Medical expenses overseas can be very expensive. Furthermore, the benefits included in your credit card insurance are limited to trips shorter than 90 days.

It is therefore strongly recommended that you subscribe to a health insurance policy specifically designed for long trips that will cover or refund:

  • medical and hospital expenses
  • emergency dental expenses
  • repatriation for medical reasons
  • assistance (search and rescue expenses, early return, ticket and expenses for a family member in case of hospitalisation of the insured, cash advance…)
  • luggage
  • civil liability
  • legal assistance (advance on bail and legal expenses)
  • accident benefit

If you are off to explore one or several countries, for tourism purposes only, subscribe to Cap Aventure.

If you are off to work overseas on a working holiday visa, subscribe to Cap Working Holiday.

If you are off to study or complete an internship overseas, subscribe to Cap Student.

We have policies specific to any type of travel lasting more than 90 days. Do not hesitate to contact one of our consultants on +33 1 74 85 50 50 to discuss your travel plans and select the most appropriate travel insurance.