Covid-19 - What is covered by your policy?
What is covered :
- Cancellation due to infection by Covid19 before travel,
- Cancellation due to quarantine (justified by a positive test) before travel,
- Cancellation for denied access to transportation due to temperature control by authorities or the transport company,
- Medical costs (including PCR tests) if you are infected by Covid-19 at destination and medical repatriation if recommended by the assistance,
- Impossible return due to a lack of transport at destination because of a lockdown declared by local authorities,
- Extension of stay on-site in case of quarantine at destination.
- Cancellation if you are a contact case declared by the National Insurance and if your travel date falls within your isolation period. On presentation of the required documents (PCR test results + Health Insurance document).
Beware : for trips to countries designated as red by the government of your country of residence, the Covid-19 benefit will cover you with the following criteria :
Your country of residence allows you to travel to a designated red country
and if you have a completed vaccination status (valid health pass)
What is not covered :
- Cancellation due to travel restrictions as a direct result of the World Health Organization declaring a pandemic, including Covid-19, or known event at the time of the holiday purchase (lockdown, closed borders/airports at the departure and destination, imposed quarantine at destination etc).
- Cancellation due to illness without a medical certificate from the treating medical practitioner,
- The refund of all or part of the trip which was totally or partially refunded by the travel organizer or by the transport company however the type of refund (transfer, cash, advance, voucher…).
- The cost of the mandatory PCR test in order to get to your holiday destination
- Cancellation if you are a contact case without the official documents.
Beware : You will not be covered by the Covid-19 benefit, if you travel to a designated red country, unauthorized and/or without a completed vaccination status.