Comparison of insurances to study or make an internship abroad

Comparing insurance for overseas studies or internship

When you study in France, you are covered by social security and a student health insurance (more or less effective…) so you don’t pay a cent when you are ill. You get a refund from these organisations.

When you are overseas, it’s a different scenario. Medical expenses are exorbitant in some countries such as the USA, Canada, Australia or Japan, and to be sure to be admitted into hospital, you need to get your cheque book out or have insurance.

Furthermore, the civil liability insurance that is included in your parents’ or your comprehensive house insurance does not cover you overseas.

It is therefore essential to choose an adequate insurance. It is a slightly complicated choice, however, it can have an important impact on your year overseas. We have compiled a simple and clear comparative table, which compares the essential benefits of your overseas student insurance.



This table therefore compares specific policies designed for young people going overseas. There are others around, so make sure you do your research. It is important to have a thorough understanding of what this policy covers but more importantly, what it does not cover.

The best way to do that is to refer to our Cap Student policy and read the detailed FAQ. For more information, do not hesitate to contact our customer service department on +33 1 74 85 50 50 or by emailing us using the form.

Trip around the World & long stays

Internships, Au Pair & studies abroad

Offers for Expatriates

Cookie management policy: by continuing your browsing on this site, you agree to the use of cookies for your convenience and for our audience measurement. If you would like to know more,please visit our dedicated page.Accept