What is not covered by the "medical expenses" guarantee:
- Pre-existing illnesses that occurred within 6 months prior to the date of travel and chronic illnesses.
- Comfort and Preventive care such as: check-ups, vaccinations, scaling, screening tests, etc.
- Non-emergency expenses and treatments that can wait until your return to your home country
- Pregnancy expenses (except in case of complications)
- Eyeglasses and Contact lenses
- Orthodontics and any other prosthesis
- Cosmetic treatments and surgical procedures
- Alternative medicine techniques ( ex : Osteopathy, physiotherapy, chiropractic, etc.)
- Medical expenses related to negligence: alcohol and drug use, attempted suicide, etc.
- Expenses incurred without the agreement of the assistance team
It’s important to understand that this policy is not suitable for "medical tourism", trips undertaken for the purpose of obtaining medical diagnoses.
This answer only relates to: Cap Schengen.