What does the medical expenses benefit cover?
This is the most important benefit of your Cap Adventure insurance. It covers accidents or serious illnesses as well as simple doctor consultations.
The cap on medical expenses is €200,000 for all destinations, except USA/Canada where the cap is €1,000,000.
It is from the 1st Euro, without having to go through social security, and with no excess, except for US/Canada, where a €35 excess applies.
What is covered:
- Keep in mind that, in general, travel insurance policies cover the following medical expenses incurred during the trip:
- All expenses related to sudden and unforeseeable illnesses. Examples: flu, ear infection, bronchitis, urinary tract infection or insect sting…
- Expenses related to accidents. Examples: fractures, cuts, burns, road accidents…
Emergency dental treatment (such as cavities, toothache, abscess…) is covered by the "emergency dental expenses" benefit. The costs of this emergency dental treatment is limited to 600 euros per year.
What is not covered:
- pre-existing conditions
- preventive medicine and comfort care. Examples: medical check-up, vaccination, tooth polishing, acne, psoriasis, warts…
- expenses related to contraception or abortion
- Glasses or contact lenses (except in case of an accident)
There are some exclusions to medical expenses that we encourage you to check out in the policy’s general terms and conditions. For example: competitive sport or drug use.